SA’s Most Referenced Economist
Dawie Roodt is a nationally renowned economist, with over 30 years’ experience, which includes nine years as an economist at the South African Reserve Bank as well as being the economic editor of a financial publication.
Dawie is a founder, Director and Chief Economist of the Efficient Group, a financial services company. He serves on a variety of investment committees within the Efficient Group. Dawie’s latest role is that of Chairman of Efficient Private Clients, of which Efficient Group is the majority shareholder.
He specialises in monetary and fiscal policy and is involved with the management of client asset portfolios. He is also knowledgeable in the fields of international and local politics.
Regular television appearances, broadcasts on radio stations and comments in the printed and electronic media have all contributed to ranking him as the most referenced economists in the country. Dawie has received recognition for his achievements in academics, broadcasting and public speaking, and has received the prestigious Economist of the year award by Sake 24, a media house. He has been the anchor presenter of the television program Ontbytsake for the past 14 years.
HIS CAREER INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree (cum laude) in Economics
- Economist at the South African Reserve Bank
- Presented more than 800 television, and 1500 radio programs
- Economic editor at a financial magazine
- Columnist for several publications
- Member of BUSA as well as a NEDLAC
- Member of the Institute of Directors of South Africa
- Council member of SAIRR
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Author of Tax, Lies and Red Tape, 2013
- National colours for powered paragliding
- Honorary member of Golden Key International Honour Society
- Ambassador of Child Welfare Bloemfontein and ChildLine Free State
- Lifetime honorary membership of the Zoological Society of South Africa
- Winner of the 2015 Pioneer Rally assisted by a blind navigator – Hein
- Wagner (They came in second during the 2016 Pioneer Rally)