Speaker. Facilitator and Digital Strategist.
Dave Duarte, founder of Treeshake, is a digital age storyteller and change-maker.
Named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, Dave is dedicated to working on impact projects to improve the state of the world. In 2017 he completed the “Global Leadership and Public Policy” course at the Harvard Kennedy School.
He is Trustee for the Reach Trust which has provided over 10 million people with educational support using mobile phones. And he serves on the Academy of the Global Teacher Prize, and annual $1m award for the world’s best teacher.
Here are my most recent talk topics:
- Connect to Change (a call to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s not individuals, but movements that change the world.)
- How to Make a Movement (what I have learned from running large scale campaigns that have reached over a billion people)
- The Digital Context (why technology may just save the world, and how we can adapt our work and decision-making)
- Building Brand Trust (becoming authentic and integrated in a digitally fragmented context)
- StoryMaking (storytelling for leaders, makers, and doers).
Previously Dave was Programme Director at the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business; headed up Creative Commons South Africa; served on the Board of the Mail & Guardian; and co-founded the pioneering Social Media Agency, Cerebra.
Based in Cape Town, South Africa, Dave has given talks and classes in more than 20 countries including speeches at the United Nations and the World Economic Forum in Davos.
My primary speaking theme for 2018 is “Connect to Change”, dealing with the dynamic forces of change that impact our lives and the world around us.
What They’re Saying …
– Professor Alison Preston, Director of Curtin Graduate School of Business Australia
My favourite digital media guru in South Africa.
-Alan Knott-Craig, Executive Chairman, Hero Telecoms
“Awesome! Beyond insightful”
Lewis Pugh | UN Patron of the Oceans,
Dave is nothing less than an inspiration. Combining deep knowledge with
optimism, humility and a passionate commitment to results. You don’t just
recommend Dave, but rather shout from the rooftops about him”
– Gavin Levinsohn, Group MD, Publicis Australia
You were awesome – everyone was knocked out by your presentation Well
done man – you ROCK!
– Arthur Gillis | CEO Protea Hotels
It’s rare that you get a consultant with an intellectual edge in the social media
space – and this is what Dave brings. We are lucky to have him in this country
– Matthew Buckland | Memeburn, Creative Spark
Mind blown wide open!
– Cathy Lund | Editor, Cosmopolitan Magazine
Your honest, insightful and entertaining style of presentation made for such a
warm and inclusive environment and vibe – exactly what are aiming to create!
– Gina Flash, Executive Director at Mensch
“A man worth your time”
Trevor Ncube, Chairman, AMH Holdings